Buying a property can be a stressful process and we are here to make it as smooth and hassle-free as possible. There are many important factors to consider when buying property, whether it be a new home, an investment property or a vacant block of land. As Conveyancers it is our responsibility to ensure you are prepared and informed for the Transaction.
Many people believe they do not need a Conveyancer until the Contract has been signed and the Cooling off Period has ended, this is incorrect. When it comes to hiring a Conveyancer the earlier is the better. We can advise on contract conditions that will protect you and your unique situation.
Some conditions to be considered are as follows:
- Finance – If you require any funds from the Bank to complete settlement then including this clause is vital, as is picking an appropriate and realistic date for the approval.
- Sale & Settlement of Purchasers property – If you are dependent on selling & settling your property in order to buy your new home then it is important you add this condition to protect your interests.
- Building & Pest Inspections – Having an inspection done will give you peace of mind that there is nothing structurally wrong with the property, if any problems are found you will need to contact your Conveyancer to discuss your options.
- Vendor Works – If the Vendor has agreed to do certain works on the property prior to settlement it is vital they are written in the Contract.
- Inclusions & Exclusions – It is best not to assume what you will and will not be getting on settlement day, discuss this with the agent to ensure you receive everything you need.