Attending to the transfer of a property may seem a simple process that takes little time. Nothing is further from the truth! Conveyancing is a complex series of tasks that require knowledge and skill and for this reason conveyancers must hold special qualifications and be licensed.
Below is a list of tasks required to fulfil a Conveyancer’s legal obligations to you.
- Take initial instructions from client
- Carefully peruse the contract, Form 1 and any other documents
- Obtain appropriate statutory searches. Check contract and Form 1 against searches to ensure all information is correct.
- Calculate adjustments and send statement to Purchasers Conveyancer.
- Ensure special Conditions are met by their allocated due dates.
- Attend the Lands Titles Office on settlement day to complete the Transaction.
- Disburse the remaining funds as per your instructions.
- Send change of ownership letters to rating authorities and any community or strata corporation.
Please contact us for more information.